REALTY BLOG: GUMROAD
Days 7–14: Celebration is a State of Mind
In my last post, I gave myself a few things to accomplish over the last week. Let’s see how things went. We are on Day 14.
- Focused on vacation until Day 10 and deferred action on this project.
- Spending the lion’s share of my time on playing host to my visiting family since Day 12.
- Changed the frequency of posting on this series to weekly. Next post will be on Day 21.
- The above are all important, but they are not worthy of celebration; they are too small — wiggling of toes, if you will. But there’s one milestone significant to take notice …
- I have actually started to put together my first book! This may not be a big deal for many, but it’s a huge deal for me. Keep in mind that this book has been waiting to be put together for over 3 years now!
This is a Big Deal.
Yet to do
This is easy. Setting up the Gumroad account and all supporting items is the next big thing, but it’s for later.
There are no failures in life: only learning opportunities.
This can alternately be called failed-to-do, but I prefer to call it a deferred item. As they say, there are no failures in life — only learning opportunities.
What was planned for today — but didn’t make it — is the construction of a checklist of to-do items for the project. With all the time ‘drain’ to vacation and playing host, this was an ambitious goal.
Lesson learned: Make the goals SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time-bound).
Achievability of my deferred goal was questionable.
What am I celebrating?
Starting work on creating my first book for sale, of course!
I’d rather be celebrating the completion of the book, but what we have is a step in the right direction and it’s worth celebrating.